Who We Are
• In recognition of the vital role of transport & communications in development of the economy, the Transport and Communications Decade for Asia and the Pacific covering from 1985 to 1994 was launched.
• Started by the Meeting of the Ministers responsible for Transport and Communications in February 1985.
• A major aim of the Decade was to accelerate the development of the transport & communications in the ESCAP region to keep the development of these countries in pace with global development.
• To unify all freight forwarders in the ASEAN region through national forwarders associations.
• To foster, promote, develop and maintain close cooperation between and among freight forwarders in the ASEAN region.
• To represent members in their collective interests in relation to freight forwarding matters peculiar to the ASEAN region.
• To purpose all measures to improve the quality, standard & professionalism of freight forwarders in the ASEAN region as well as to match with the Decade programme.
1. Trade Facilitation Working Group
• Transport Facilitation
• Multimodal Transport Operation
• Safety and Security
• Liabilities and Insurance
2. Education and Training Working Group